Digital transformation: at the heart of your organization’s evolution
Whether you are in human resources, customer service, supplier management, or any other unit, the digitization of paper-based business processes is a top priority in improving performance, and it involves all departments. More than just improving performance, it saves significant time, seriously reduces costs, and outstandingly increases the overall productivity of your business.
- Listen to our podcast
You name it, digital transformation is at the heart of the current evolution of our organizations, hence most departments have chosen to focus on document approval processes.
Let’s take an example of any internal request in a traditional document approval process, which follows several steps:
- Distribution (often by email or even in paper form)
- Reception by the person involved
- Verification and validation
- Notification sent to the person who made the request
These steps may seem straightforward, but in reality, many problems can be encountered during the process: extended waiting times, errors, omissions, the human factor… This will cost you a lot of time and thus money.
But fortunately, electronic management can also transform document approvals where each action becomes targeted and automated. Pre-built request forms enable your co-workers to create these documents in seconds, which will then be automatically sent to the right people, who will next process the document and validate it with a click. And if there is an error in the process, the user is automatically notified by the system. Thanks to this, you increase your document management performance without a doubt!
Streamline and speed up your approval processes
A workflow module covers the entire document process, from its creation to archiving:
- It ensures the proper communication of a document,
- Provides the user the necessary rights to modify and validate it,
- Forwards it to those who will process it next.
All of this can be run while ensuring traceability and reliability.
The module that manages document approvals and reviews, is one of the DMS’s essential features, allowing your company not only to digitize your information flow but also to ensure the control and the durability of the documents circulating in the structure.
- Visualize the document status and the history of modifications at any time and at any stage of the approval process. The module offers you the possibility of adding a watermark to each document status change.
- Your teams can monitor and control each document in collaborative mode, to improve the grouped processing of each request.
- The right people are enlisted at each stage of the process depending on the nature or issuer of the document, thanks to access and role setups.
- Each person involved will receive a notification as soon as a document has been processed, as well as a reminder in case of a processing delay.
- Schedules are always respected with the validation of documents and delay controls at each step, enabling you to react quickly.
- Control the evaluation of documents thanks to total transparency and traceability on modifications.
- Every workflow is 100% secure.
Top 3 benefits of setting up digital document approvals
- Increased reactivity: quick and easy viewing of deadlines, document status, and tasks to be carried out.
- Increased traceability: global visualization of the overall document flow, who is in charge of what, and management status in real-time.
- Increased quality: streamlined and simplified processes for better progress.
To conclude, If in your company, you have to work in a collaborative and especially transversal way, this feature allows you to ease and speed up your document management to benefit from precious time saved, compulsory to an effective business.
Listen to our podcast if you want to learn more about electronic workflows!