Whether you are an elementary, secondary school, college, university, or a training center, your institution manipulates many forms in the day-to-day work: to run admissions, evaluate teachers and students, communicate relevant information with parents/guardians, and so on. Moreover, as learning has been forced to turned mostly to digital this last year, should not administrative work do the same?
Is your admin department still handling forms manually?
As mentioned, most educational establishments all around the world completely closed for at least several weeks, if it is not months, so as yours. But this does not mean that teachers and students stopped courses. This setup cannot be handled through paper and manual-based communication, so digital appears as the most suitable solution. In such a situation, staff and parents need to save time to communicate important information but also establishments must save on useless resources like paper and physical storage, to invest in technologies that support distance learning.
More generally, paper forms greatly increase the risk of collecting or interpreting data wrongly, which would require redoing the same process thus affecting your administration department’s productivity regarding data collection. On the student side, losing consent for example could highly impact their activities as they could not be able to attend some of them requiring parental consent.
7 reasons why you should digitize and automate your form processes
- Enhance record security
Getting rid of physical storage means all student, teacher, or academic-related information is safely electronically stored and kept away from natural disasters.
- Effective answers to requests
Students, parents, or staff can send anything that needs admin’s intervention more or less urgently and your team receives it immediately to be able to answer it in a matter of minutes.
- Fewer administrative paperwork
Your administration department would not need paper trays or filing cabinets anymore to be able to process and collect the daily data they receive, making their workspace much clearer and job easier!
- Anyone can fill in forms whether they are at home or school
With distance learning, teachers and students are more likely to need information where they are not on site. Therefore, they need to be able to access and complete forms from anywhere, anytime, and with any mobile device.
- Ensure parents receive the right information at the right time
Communicate with parents, collect their consents/authorizations, give them relevant information regarding their children’s education has never been such effortless. You do not need to wait for students to make them sign anything anymore.
- Teachers and staff enhance communication with students, even with distance learning
You enable your educational team to keep up communication with students, especially when they are studying at home. You can know how they feel about the situation, if they are technologically equipped or if they need anything from you to improve distance learning.
Best forms used by admin, teachers, parents, and students
- School admission to gather all the information relevant to the admission of new students.
- Class registration to streamline student registration to arrange classes accordingly.
- Online learning parental consent and so receive consent from the parents to allow the child to participate in online learning.
- Student performance evaluation so you can evaluate your students’ areas of growth.
- Reopening school survey to assess remote learning during the pandemic, collect parents’ considerations and concerns for the reopening school.
- Classroom observation, to record your observations regarding teachers and students.
- School trip permission for getting parents or students consent to terms and agreement for day trips.